Bhutan Ministry of Education Vacancy and Career opportunities 2021 (www.education.gov.bt Vacancy 2021). Recently the Ministry of Education (MoE) has published vacancy announcement of the immediate requirement for the various position.
www.education.gov.bt. Vacancy 2021
Lyonpo Jai Bir Rai is the present Minister for Education. Under his leadership, the Ministry has embarked on significant educational reforms and initiatives. Some of the initiatives include the following
Establishment of 60 full-residential schools called central schools aimed at raising the quality of education especially for children who otherwise had to walk to schools for hours daily.
Reviewed the curriculum to align to the needs of the 21st century. The several changes in the curriculum are aimed at enhancing learning from the traditional rote method to critical thinking competencies.
Embarked on important initiative to raise the teacher competency and morale by creating a sustained strategy to provide 80 hours of professional development training every year to all teachers. The ministry also reviewed the teacher workload and decided to work towards engaging teachers for only 18 hours contact teaching a week. The ministry also embarked on an initiative to provide Masters degree to teachers so that every teacher in the future would have a minimum of a Masters qualification.
Departments under MoE
- Department of Adult and Higher Education
- Department of Youth & Sports
- Department of School Education
1. Vacancy Announcement on August 2021
The Ministry of Education College is pleased to announce the following vacancies in
- Organization: MoE
- Position Title: Substitute Teacher
- Vacancy Publish date: 10 August 2021
- Last date to apply: 16 August 2021
- Total Number of vacant post: 60
- Place of Posting: Thimphu
- Position Level: N/A
- Eligibility: B.Ed, PGDE
- Download Details
How to Apply
B.Ed. and PGDE (self-funded) candidates and other University graduates eligible to apply for he vacancies in the respective subject. They shall apply online using the e-Registration Form on or before 16th August 2021. This e-Registration Form shall be disabled on 16th August 2021 after 5:00 PM. The candidates who have not registered on or before the above deadline shall be disqualified.
- The candidates with B.Ed. and PGDE and teaching experience will be given addition weighting as appropriate.
- The Ministry will validate the place of study/ University/ Colleges in respect of the applicants before short-listing through the Department of Audit and Higher Education, MoE and notify accordingly.
- The shortlisted candidates will sit for the selection interview to be conducted by the Ministry. The details of short-listing will be available in the MoE website.
- The Ministry will verify with the concerned authority for any adverse record. Should there be any adverse record in their name; the candidates shall be informed and disqualified from short-listing.
For any clarification, please contact HRD, DoS at 16918122/17624218/17684969/77294568 during office hours.